feature request #5873
Implement rights&roles for TaxEditor distribution editor
The Checklist Editor in the TaxEditor opens all taxa of a subtree and allows editing of distributions.
This requires that the user has the required insert, update and delete permission on the given subtree and on the distribution feature. Otherwise the menu entry should be disabled.
If it is possible to reduce rights for certain subsubtrees the according taxa need to be disabled in the Checklist Editor. E.g. someone has UPDATE rights on Family A but on a single Genus G in this family he has no rights the taxa in the genus should be disabled/locked.
We want to give explicit rughts only for editing distributions therefore we need the the possibility to add the feature as property string to the authority in the rights view of the editor.
#2 Updated by Andreas Müller over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Implement rights&roles for TaxEditor checklist editor to Implement rights&roles for TaxEditor distribution editor
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Katja Luther
- Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.6
We should at least very soon know, how far rights&role work for distribution editor. And define what still needs to be done to make it fully work.
#3 Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago
actually the distribution editor can be opened but the save throws a permission denied exception.
- We need a check whether the user has the rights on editing descriptions of the selected nodes.
- If the user does not have the rights at all, the menu item should not appear.
- If the user has the rights only on a subset only this subset should be opened in distribution editor.