feature request #8238
Allow interoperability between term trees
Copied from #8146:
Generally it should be possible to move a Character subtree to a Feature tree as Character is a subtype. But of course then all term nodes need to change its term type to the more general term type "Feature". We have discussed this already on cdmlib level for the "add" method. Please open a new ticket for this issue as probably it is not simple enough to be implemented still in this ticket.
Also the other way round we need to discuss. Feature nodes may be moved to character trees if and only if all the feature nodes contain characters. This is important to make the operation reversable. But it requires an additional check if the condition holds and user feedback if the operation is not possible.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.9
- Target version changed from Release 5.9 to Release 5.10
Does not have to be solved in this milestone -> move to 5.10
- Target version changed from Release 5.10 to Release 5.11
- Target version changed from Release 5.11 to Release 5.12
Moving to next milestone for remaining issues
- Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Katja Luther
- Target version changed from Release 5.12 to Release 5.13
- Target version changed from Release 5.13 to Release 5.14
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
should we split this ticket?
The interoperability should be implemented in cdmlib.
addChild() should allow to add a term that is subtype of the termtype of the tree. Therefore the Termnode needs to be created newly or it needs to be possible to change the termType.
Also available in: Atom