feature request #7517
Make search parameters like wildcards configurable
For edaphobase users are used to use whitespace as wildcard.
We should make search parameters project and/or client configurable.
Possible parameters are:
- handle whitespace as wildcard
- add wildcard at end of search string (MatchMode "Beginning")
- add wildcard at start of search string
- mask %
- case sensitivity
eu.etaxonomy.cdm.persistence.dao.common.Restriction<T extends Object>instead of criteria in case wildcards need to be supported for arbitrary fields and related entities.
CdmEntityDaoBase.list(Class<? extends T> type, List<Restriction<?>> restrictions, Integer limit, Integer start, List<OrderHint> orderHints, List<String> propertyPaths) may serve you as an example for using the
#5 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker almost 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Andreas Müller
I guess this is more a cdmlib issue than something to be implemented in the taxeditor. The service methods need to offer the option and the taxeditor will simply use them.
Or was setting the category to taxeditor by purpose?
#6 Updated by Andreas Müller almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
- Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.2
no, this is purely a taxeditor ticket. The service layer already offers many of these configurations but they can't be configured in the taxeditor. If further cdmlib methods are needed we need another ticket or implement them as needed.