feature request #5807
implement sub-distribution area inclusion in TaxonService.findTaxaAndNamesByFullText()
for example: 'Campanula alliariifolia' is not found when using the area
Caucasia (Ab + Ar + Gg + Rf(CS)) (Cc) it is needed to add the exact subarea to the filter:
watch out when testing, there is a related bug in the data-portal: #4973 (fixed under review)
see also #5894
#3 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker almost 3 years ago
- Keywords changed from Caucasus, Euro+Med, to Caucasus, Euro+Med, search,
- Target version changed from Release 4.2 to Release 4.3
- Priority changed from Highest to Priority14
- Subject changed from sub-distribution area inclusion in advanced search not working to implement sub-distribution area inclusion in TaxonService.findTaxaAndNamesByFullText()
This is actually not a bug, the search is implemented that way.
However, from the users perspective it seems more intuitive if the area filter would include the sub areas. but it might not be wanted behaviour in all cases. Therefore it should be an optional feature.
#23 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Feedback
trying to reproduce this at the euro+med portal, since this taxon no longer is found in the caucasus portal:
search does not work since the index is not up to date.
reindexing via the drupal admin ....
#25 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Target version changed from Release 5.6 to Reviewed Next Major Release
this is still not working: