Project

General

Profile

Actions

bug #9199

closed

Adapt TaxEditor to switch to originalSource for remaining single sourced objects

Added by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago. Updated about 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Highest
Assignee:
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Severity:
normal
Found in Version:

Description

copied from #9116

It handles the same as #9116 but for the other SingleSourcedEntities mentioned in #6581


Files

picture920-1.png (1.52 KB) picture920-1.png Andreas Müller, 12/01/2020 10:51 AM

Related issues

Related to EDIT - feature request #6581: Make all microreferenced references OriginalSourcesClosedAndreas Müller

Actions
Related to EDIT - feature request #9192: Layout issues for source in taxonnode details ClosedKatja Luther

Actions
Related to EDIT - feature request #9298: Preference for IDinSource, IdNamespace and original information in nomenclatural reference details viewNewKatja Luther

Actions
Follows EDIT - feature request #9116: Adapt Editor to switch to originalSource for TaxonNode and improve layout of TaxonNode dialogueClosedKatja Luther

Actions
Copied to EDIT - feature request #9328: Adapt Editor to switch to originalSource for taxon secundumClosedKatja Luther

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

  • Due date set to 07/02/2020
  • Start date changed from 08/19/2020 to 07/02/2020
  • Follows feature request #9116: Adapt Editor to switch to originalSource for TaxonNode and improve layout of TaxonNode dialogue added
Actions #2

Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

Actions #3

Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

Actions #4

Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.19 to Release 5.18
Actions #5

Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

  • Due date deleted (07/02/2020)
Actions #6

Updated by Katja Luther over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

adapted are the following elements:

  • Nomenclatural Status
  • Nomenclatural Reference
  • Taxonrelationships/NameRelationships
  • Typedesignations

missing:

  • secundum reference
Actions #7

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

This is fixed for all sources listed above, for sec reference I create a new ticket or we create a new one when the secundum reference is moved to original source as well?

Actions #8

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 50
Actions #9

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Actions #10

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Subject changed from Adapt Editor to switch to originalSource for remaining single sourced objects to Adapt TaxEditor to switch to originalSource for remaining single sourced objects
Actions #11

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Related to feature request #9298: Preference for IDinSource, IdNamespace and original information in nomenclatural reference details view added
Actions #12

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

Can we adapt single source layout according to nomenclatural source layout?

So we

  • move External Link up and - by default - show it not in the "more" section.
  • remove bold from External Link label
  • Relabel External Link => Link or Link(s)
  • do not use indentation for "more"
  • remove bold from "more" (not sure if really required, please check what looks better, if possible at all)

Only NameInSource should stay where it is by default. This needs to be decided from case to case.

Actions #13

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

... for TaxonNodes.source we should keep indentation of "more" as it is followed by "Related persons"

Actions #14

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

I think this is fixed now. Please review.

Actions #15

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

Yes, this looks much better. Only for nom. sources "more" is still bold. Can you adapt it there, too?

Actions #16

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback

But it should be adapted for all single sources like for TaxonNode.source. So indentation is needed everywhere, except for nom. source where the Section only contains source information (there we should not have indentation for "Detail" if we don't have for other elements.

Actions #17

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Another layout issue somehow related: In external link, can we move the URI to the top and the type below URI? URI is the most important. Also there could be some little space between URI and Type and the space to "Description" could be reduced a bit.

Actions #18

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Actions #19

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller
Actions #20

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Sometimes the nomenclatural source still shows "No external link" yet instead of no protologue yet.

Actions #21

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

The space between URI and type (in external links could be a bit smaller and therefore a bit more space between type and description). But this is a minor issue.

Actions #22

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

NPE when editing a lectotype source

last remote method : http://test.e-taxonomy.eu:80/cdmserver/rem_conf_am/remoting/common.service
last remote request client time : 2020-12-01T10:53:59.93
last remote request response header time : Tue, 01 Dec 2020 10:53:59 GMT
client error time : 2020-12-01T10:54:04.024
login : admin
editor version : 5.18.0.202011302349
server : test.e-taxonomy.eu (edit-test) / rem_conf_am
schema version : 5.18.5.0.20201103
os : Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 amd64
java : 1.8.0_121
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.reference.AdvancedSourceElement.handleEvent(AdvancedSourceElement.java:100)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.AbstractCdmDetailElement.propertyChange(AbstractCdmDetailElement.java:210)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.AbstractCdmFormElement.firePropertyChangeEvent(AbstractCdmFormElement.java:255)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.TextWithLabelElement.modifyText(TextWithLabelElement.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:180)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
Actions #23

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Another minor issue: could we move "Original Information" above ID Namespace and ID in Source. It is probably more important.

done

Actions #24

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

NPE when editing a lectotype source

last remote method : http://test.e-taxonomy.eu:80/cdmserver/rem_conf_am/remoting/common.service
last remote request client time : 2020-12-01T10:53:59.93
last remote request response header time : Tue, 01 Dec 2020 10:53:59 GMT
client error time : 2020-12-01T10:54:04.024
login : admin
editor version : 5.18.0.202011302349
server : test.e-taxonomy.eu (edit-test) / rem_conf_am
schema version : 5.18.5.0.20201103
os : Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 amd64
java : 1.8.0_121
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.reference.AdvancedSourceElement.handleEvent(AdvancedSourceElement.java:100)
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.AbstractCdmDetailElement.propertyChange(AbstractCdmDetailElement.java:210)
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.AbstractCdmFormElement.firePropertyChangeEvent(AbstractCdmFormElement.java:255)
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.TextWithLabelElement.modifyText(TextWithLabelElement.java:178)
  at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:180)
  at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
  at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)
  at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)

gefixt.

Actions #25

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

please review.

Actions #26

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

Andreas Müller wrote:

Sometimes the nomenclatural source still shows "No external link" yet instead of no protologue yet.

this still happens

Actions #27

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

Another minor issue: could we move "Original Information" above ID Namespace and ID in Source. It is probably more important.

done

It still shows up below ID Namesp and ID in Source for some reason. Did you forget to push?

Actions #28

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Also the NPE still exists, but with a different row number:

last remote method : http://test.e-taxonomy.eu:80/cdmserver/rem_conf_am/remoting/reference.service
last remote request client time : 2020-12-02T16:26:09.547
last remote request response header time : Wed, 02 Dec 2020 16:26:09 GMT
client error time : 2020-12-02T16:26:13.765
login : admin
editor version : 5.18.0.202012021500
server : test.e-taxonomy.eu (edit-test) / rem_conf_am
schema version : 5.18.5.0.20201103
os : Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 amd64
java : 1.8.0_121
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.reference.AdvancedSourceElement.handleEvent(AdvancedSourceElement.java:89)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.AbstractCdmDetailElement.propertyChange(AbstractCdmDetailElement.java:210)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.AbstractCdmFormElement.firePropertyChangeEvent(AbstractCdmFormElement.java:255)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.TextWithLabelElement.modifyText(TextWithLabelElement.java:178)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:180)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4418)

I entered ID Namespace here for a type desig which was completely empty except for the designation status

Actions #29

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

... looks like the error appears at different places depending on the type field that you enter data in

Actions #30

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

this should be solved with last commit.

Actions #31

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

Another minor issue: could we move "Original Information" above ID Namespace and ID in Source. It is probably more important.

done

It still shows up below ID Namesp and ID in Source for some reason. Did you forget to push?

Now it appears also above Name in Source, but the order should be NameInSource, OriginalInformation, ID Namespace, ID in Source.

All other issues seem to be fixed. The new single sources look very nice now!!

Actions #32

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
Actions #33

Updated by Katja Luther about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

Andreas Müller wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

Another minor issue: could we move "Original Information" above ID Namespace and ID in Source. It is probably more important.

done

It still shows up below ID Namesp and ID in Source for some reason. Did you forget to push?

Now it appears also above Name in Source, but the order should be NameInSource, OriginalInformation, ID Namespace, ID in Source.

All other issues seem to be fixed. The new single sources look very nice now!!

this is fixed.

Actions #34

Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

Works as expected. We can close this ticket.

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF