Fix BigDecimal algebra in aggregation algorithms
see #8978 for details
ref #9123 add rounding to average computing in DDS aggregation (not yet complete)
#7 Updated by Andreas Müller 17 days ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Target version changed from Release 5.29 to Release 5.28
There is a problem with average computing in aggregation. RoundingMode is missing.
Once this is fixed we need to check how to handle that rounding errors are not propagated etc.
#9 Updated by Andreas Müller 16 days ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
Rounding in aggregation is now done using MathContext.DECIMAL32 and stripTrailingZeros(). This avoids rounding errors when computing average. stripTrailingZeros() may sometimes reduce precision more then it should by it avoids having always a precision=7 once there was a single computation step that resulted in a rounding issue.
As average is not an important parameter for aggregation this should be sufficient.
#12 Updated by Andreas Müller 3 days ago
- Tags changed from additivity to additivity, aggregation
- Subject changed from Test if BigDecimal algebra is correct in Aggregation and PolytomousKey algorithms to Fix BigDecimal algebra in aggregation algorithms
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- Priority changed from New to Priority14
- % Done changed from 20 to 100
Moved polytomous key handling to new ticket #9810