DefaultReferenceCacheStrategy.createShortCitation() working not correctly for Teams with two members
The Team "Molinari Novoa, E.A. & Guiry, M.D.R." is truncated to "Molinari Novoa & al. 2020",
#1 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 month ago
- Tags set to phycobank
- Description updated (diff)
- Category set to cdmlib
- Assignee set to Andreas Kohlbecker
- Priority changed from New to Highest
- Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.19
- Severity changed from normal to critical
#5 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 month ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Andreas Kohlbecker
The fix was not fully correct as it created teams like Name1, Name2 & al. but there should be always a maximum number of 2 names only. So only Name1 or Name1 & Name2 or Name1 et al. is allowed.
I fixed it and added tests (by the way there were some indirect tests in TypeDesignationSetManagerTest, but they were not enough, but at least the reason why I found that the new implementation was not correct either).
#7 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 month ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Andreas Müller
The implementation is correct as far as the the implemented formatting rule for more than two authors is holding true.
Is this rule embodied in the ICN and also the same in other codes? The ticket can be closed if the answer to this question is yes.
#8 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 month ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Closed
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
as we talk about bibliographic references here the ICN (or any other code) is not relevant here. It is the rule I have seen at many places and also shortly discussed with RH for cyprus.
In general the formatting should be project specific. But this requires project specific cache strategies which currently does not yet exist.
I close the ticket. Please reopen if you think more discussion is needed.