Project

General

Profile

bug #6199

Excluded note for excluded taxon nodes in TaxEdtior

Added by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago. Updated over 2 years ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Highest
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
11/14/2016
Due date:
11/30/2016
% Done:

50%

Severity:
normal
Found in Version:

Description

See related ticket #5634 for more information.

We need to add a multi-language field here.


Related issues

Related to Edit - feature request #6197: Move excluded and unplaced from Taxon to TaxonNode in TaxEditor Closed 02/13/2017 02/13/2017
Related to Edit - bug #6520: Improve taxon node wizard New 03/17/2017
Follows Edit - feature request #5634: Excluded note for excluded taxa /taxon nodes Closed 05/02/2016
Precedes Edit - bug #6228: Fix behavior of multi-language editing New 12/01/2016 12/01/2016

Associated revisions

Revision ac1659d4 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

fix #6199 Excluded note for excluded taxon nodes in TaxEditor

Revision f83def50 (diff)
Added by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

ref #6199 test for reading excluded, unplaced and excludedNote

Revision 26cb69af (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

ref #6199 Move "open in editor" option to the bottom

History

#1 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Due date set to 05/03/2016
  • Start date changed from 11/14/2016 to 05/03/2016
  • Follows feature request #5634: Excluded note for excluded taxa /taxon nodes added

#2 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Due date changed from 05/03/2016 to 11/30/2016
  • Start date changed from 05/03/2016 to 11/14/2016

Please ask Katja if unclear how to implement.

#3 Updated by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller

#4 Updated by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

#5 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

Looks like other additional languages are not stored correctly.

Also we may think about make it fully invisible as long as isExcluded is not checked. This may simplify the standard interface (feel free to make a new ticket for this if not easy to implement.

#6 Updated by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

While reviewing I saw that even the isExcluded is not persisted anymore. Have to recheck if anything has changed

#7 Updated by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

While reviewing I saw that even the isExcluded is not persisted anymore. Have to recheck if anything has changed

Actually, the TaxonNodeService does not correctly load the boolean values of the TaxonNode. In the data base they are stored correctly.
@Andreas: Has there been any model or service changed related to these values?

#8 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

While reviewing I saw that even the isExcluded is not persisted anymore. Have to recheck if anything has changed
Actually, the TaxonNodeService does not correctly load the boolean values of the TaxonNode. In the data base they are stored correctly.
@Andreas: Has there been any model or service changed related to these values?

I added a test in TaxonNodeDaoTest which proofs that reading works fine for excluded and unplaced and also for excludedNote (not fully complete). Please adapt test if you think something does not work.

#9 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Related to feature request #6197: Move excluded and unplaced from Taxon to TaxonNode in TaxEditor added

#10 Updated by Patrick Plitzner about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller

I could only reproduce the strange behavior (TaxonNode excluded and unplaced flag not initialised) in one data source which may be corrupted during an too early schema update.
Anyway, I tested the multi language text fields also for description elements. It seems like it does not work there either or I do not know how it is supposed to work. @Andreas: Can you check?
If so, we can close this ticket and open a new one for this issue

#11 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Precedes bug #6228: Fix behavior of multi-language editing added

#12 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

The open issues are general multi-language editor issues handled in a new ticket #6228.

#13 Updated by Andreas Müller about 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

Before we close this there is one remaining issue:

Please move the "Open in Editor Check box down to the very bottom. An even better solution would be to have 3 buttons: save (or finish), save and open, Cancel

The current implementation makes one think that Open in Editor is an Attribute, not a workflow information.

#14 Updated by Patrick Plitzner almost 3 years ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller

#15 Updated by Andreas Müller almost 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

#16 Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

A couple of layout and workflow issues for the node wizard are now handled in #6520. So we can close this ticket.

#17 Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago

  • Related to bug #6520: Improve taxon node wizard added

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)