feature request #6050
provide the possibility to choose the fields of the simple details view for names
It should be possible to choose the displayed fields of the name details view in the preferences.
ref #6050: test git/redmine and add the pref keys for configurable details view
#5 Updated by Katja Luther over 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
Applied in changeset taxeditor|76b874f88b5e44d9cf572760d39fecad6a99cdf7.
#8 Updated by Andreas Müller over 4 years ago
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
There are some functional issues:
- "Show appended phrase" can not be switched on
- "Show name relationship section" can not be switched off
- "Show nameCache" is not functional (it shows up even if switched off)
- "Show rank of the name" is not functional (it shows up even if switched off)
- "Show authorship section" is not functional (it shows up even if switched off)
- Include Hybrid section
- Include "Breed"
- Include "Authorship cache"
- Check also for attributes of other classes like CultivarNames, BacterialName and NonViralName and include them
- Switching everything on should have the same result as not using simple details view at all
#9 Updated by Andreas Müller over 4 years ago
Additionally there are layout and labeling issues
- No German translation
- (maybe functional) If "Show only a simple name details view" is switched on for the first time most or all checkboxes should be switched off; alternatively we could have a tristate where a checked "Show only a simple name details view" switches everything off, unchecking switches everything on and clicking on a single subcheckbox sets the parent checkbox to "undefined".
- "Show taxon of the name" should have "...(if available)" as e.g. in Name Bulk Editor it is not available
- Label of the preference: "Name details" -> "Name details view"
- Put the preferences in the same order as they appear in the details view (e.g. start with taxon, then nameCache, then nomCode, ehtn Lsid, etc.)
- Move the subcheckboxes a bit further to the right
- Use separators or other grouping mechanisms like recktangles for groups that belong together
- If correctly grouped (maybe with a header for the group) we may remove the "of the name" parts of the label
- Use correct label for nameCache -> name cache