Project

General

Profile

feature request #2380

TaxonNavigator should work with DTO objects instead of full blown cdm instances

Added by Niels Hoffmann over 7 years ago. Updated 7 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Priority14
Assignee:
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
08/12/2014
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Severity:
normal

Description

TaxonNavigator should work with UuidAndTitleCache objects instead of full blown cdm instances


Related issues

Related to Edit - bug #5193: Changing the name of a taxon does not refresh the taxon navigator Worksforme 09/06/2015
Related to Edit - bug #7426: remaining issues of change of navigator to DTOs New 05/17/2018
Duplicated by Edit - feature request #5030: Implement new dto object for TaxonNavigator Duplicate 06/25/2015

Associated revisions

Revision 321a37d1 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner about 2 years ago

ref #2380 Implement service for getting children of
UuidAndTitleCache

  • direct children of either ITaxonTree or UuidAndTitleCache can be retrieved
  • added JUnit test

Revision 100e37d9 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner about 2 years ago

ref #2380 Implement service for getting parent of
UuidAndTitleCache

  • parent of either ITaxonTree or UuidAndTitleCache can be retrieved
  • added JUnit test and test file

Revision b3efd136 (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 9 months ago

ref #2380: improve implementation of Dto for use in taxonnavigator

Revision cedc4ff1 (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 9 months ago

ref #2380: implement usage of Dto for taxon navigator

Revision 1fb5686d (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 9 months ago

fix update for new classification in taxonnavigator

Revision 795080d7 (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 9 months ago

adapt newTaxonNodeWizard for TaxonNodeDto

Revision 97de9a5d (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 7 months ago

ref #2380: adapt menu for classification

History

#1 Updated by Andreas Müller over 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Niels Hoffmann to c.mathew -
  • Target version changed from TaxEditor Next Major Release to TaxEditor RELEASE 3.3.7
  • Priority changed from Priority08 to Priority14

I guess this was done long time ago. Can you please check.

#2 Updated by Cherian Mathew about 4 years ago

  • Target version deleted (TaxEditor RELEASE 3.4.0)

Moving tickets to 3.4.1 milestone

#3 Updated by Cherian Mathew over 3 years ago

  • Target version deleted ()

#4 Updated by Cherian Mathew over 3 years ago

This is actually not yet done. The navigator still uses Cdm Entities.

#5 Updated by Cherian Mathew over 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to In Progress

#6 Updated by Patrick Plitzner about 2 years ago

  • Description updated (diff)
  • Assignee changed from Cherian Mathew to Patrick Plitzner

Andreas Müller wrote:

I guess this is was done long time. Can you please check.

The taxon navigator still uses taxon nodes. I implemented service methods for getting children of either a ITaxonTreeNode or UuidAndTitleCache which could be used to base the taxon navigator on UuidAndTitleCache.

#7 Updated by Katja Luther 9 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller
  • Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.0

now the service uses TaxonNodeDto because we need some more information in the navigator.

the navigator and all handlers and operations are adapted to use the Dto.

please review.

#8 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
  • % Done changed from 0 to 70

I used the new implementation for different types of testing (other tickets) and in generally it worked very well.

Some minor issues (don't know if they are regressions):

  • For classifications we should not show some menu entries such as "Change accepted to synonym", "Move factual data" and probably also "Move taxon (with children)"
  • using the classification selector for "Change accepted to synonym", etc. in the dialog changing the classification has no effect. It is still showing the taxa in the originally selected classification
  • classification selection does not correctly work for exports (and maybe imports). I tested DwC-A export for a given classification but the default classification shown was the first one in the list. Also the "Export selected classification" option was not selected.
  • The referencing objects view does not seem to work for the tree (though "Open in referencing objects view" is an option offered by the menu)
  • Trying to run the NormalExplicitImport gives a Class Cast Exception "ClassCastException: eu.etaxonomy.cdm.persistence.dto.TaxonNodeDto cannot be cast to eu.etaxonomy.cdm.model.taxon.TaxonNode"
  • RIS Import wizard shows wrong sublabel "... xls file in the Distribution Update format". Please check also other import wizards for correctness.

#9 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Subject changed from TaxonNavigator should work with UuidAndTitleCache objects instead of full blown cdm instances to TaxonNavigator should work with DTO objects instead of full blown cdm instances

#10 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Private changed from Yes to No

#11 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Related to bug #5193: Changing the name of a taxon does not refresh the taxon navigator added

#12 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

#13 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

creating a new ticket for the two remaining issues -> #7426

#14 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Related to bug #7426: remaining issues of change of navigator to DTOs added

#15 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • % Done changed from 70 to 100

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)