Rank labes and Rank names inconsitent
The rank labels and the names used in Rank.getRankByName() are inconsistent thus the following line of code fails:
Updated by Andreas Müller over 12 years ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to k.luther -
- Target version changed from CDM lib Release 2.0 to CDM lib Release 2.3
Rank.getRankByName() is a preliminary implementation to meet the Berlin Model and other import requirements. That has been documented in the java doc.
Anyway we should think about dictionaries for rank names and other defined term vocabularies.
Maybe we should open a new ticket for this and close this one.
Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 2 months ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Andreas Müller
Yes, still open. I created a Test to reproduce this issue. However it is completely unclear what is being meant by "byName" in the method name ("Returns the rank identified through a name.") There is no way to find out the supported names without reading the code.
Another point the
UnknownCdmTypeException that can be thrown by the
getRankByName method. This should be
Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 months ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Andreas Kohlbecker
This seems to be a misunderstanding. I did not mean that the issue is "fixed" but according to note-1 it is not an issue. All getRankByName methods do have a javadoc saying that it is a preliminary implementation and that is only meant for supporting the parser.
I did now additionally change the name of the method to getRankByLatinName() to make the semantics of these methods clearer as they actually only check for Latin labels. Checking for English labels is done by the method getRankByEnglishName or so.