Better guidance for users when creating registrations for exising names
The strategy followed in #7523 effectively blocks creating registrations for existing names, which makes not much sense.
We need to allow creating registrations for existing names and have to guide the user. Two situations need to distinguished and explained to the user:
- Creating a registration for the name which has been chosen.
- Creating a registration only for type designations. This involves to create a blocking registration in case the existing name is not yet registered.
fix #7546 implementing workflow for creating registrations for existing names:
- Label with explanations for users
- Select element offering to create registrations for name and types or for tapes only
- creation of blocking registrations in case the name of a type only registration is not registered yet
ref #7546 preventing from adding a second type only registration before the first one has a typification
#2 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 5 months ago
- Subject changed from Dialog to guide users when creating registrations for exising names to Better guidance for users when creating registrations for exising names
- Status changed from New to In Progress
A dialog is not the best solution, adding the required ui elements to the footer section of the workingset editor is much clearer.
#3 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 5 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
Applied in changeset cdm-vaadin|cf9c36f82e17e2f5fb613ef6132994544c523a81.
#4 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 5 months ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Wolf-Henning Kusber
done and ready for review.
When reviewing please have extra critical eyeball on the text close to the bottom of the workingset editor which starts with "For most names that already exist in the system it ...". Is this clear and well understandable?
#5 Updated by Wolf-Henning Kusber 5 months ago
- Assignee changed from Wolf-Henning Kusber to Andreas Kohlbecker
Brauchen wir alle 3 Sätze. Der 2. ist schwer verständlich. Bin alles mit unserer native Speakerin durchgegangen. Ihr Vorschlag, wenn alles prizipiell so bleiben sollte:
For most names that already exist in the system, it is only possible to create a registration covering type designations.
Only in those rare cases where the citation of the working set and the nomenclatural reference of a name are the same is it possible to create a new registration covering the name as well as the type designation.
In all other cases please choose "New" from the main menu and start a registration for the nomenclatural reference of the name to be registered.
Wie gesagt, der 2. Satz ist für Normaluser kaum nachvollziebar.