UlteoJavaBug » History » Version 8
Cherian Mathew, 05/08/2013 10:16 AM
# Ulteo Java Problems
This page describes the problems experienced by users when trying to access the Taxonomic Editor via the BGBM Ulteo OVD server.
## Java plugin issue
The current version (v2.5.1) of the Ulteo OVD server in use at [cdmeditor](http://cdmeditor.bgbm.fu-berlin.de/sessionmanager) does not seem to function correctly when accessed via browsers installed with Java plugins 1.7.xx.
The reason for the error seems to be a check in the Ulteo OVD server version v2.5.1, which rejects any Java JVM or Plugin which does not originate from the vendors 'Apple' or 'Sun Microsystems'.
Falling back to earlier versions of the Java plugin may solve the problem, but this is not recommended due to a major security bug fix as described [here](http://blog.mozilla.org/security/2012/08/28/protecting-users-against-java-security-vulnerability/.)
Symptoms of this problem could be,
- an error message "err01 no java" instead of the "Log In" button.
- a java security error after the user has succesfully logged in
- a blank white screen with no information after the user has logged in succesfully logged in
Initial tests have shown that this problem exists on Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome (other browsers have not yet been tested).
Possible workarounds for the various browsers are described below,
2 Two solutions:
* If see the "err01 no java" symptom. Make sure that the password field has the focus by e.g. clicking on it and **hit the Enter key** , this should log you in.
* A possible workaround is to 'reset Firefox' as described here [here](http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems.) Please note that even though Firefox mentions that it saves the bookmarks, it would be safe to back them up in any case.
#### Internet Explorer
No workaround yet.
No workaround yet.