How to restore CDM DataPortal database dumps¶
If you are about to host multiple data portals on the same machine it is recommended to install of them in a Drupal multi site setup.
If the site sub folders are named after a specific pattern you should be able to use the dataportal-admin helper scripts which allow you to perform important management tasks automatically on each of the DataPortals installed:
Install the dataportal-admin helper scripts¶
- Install Drush http://docs.drush.org/en/8.x/install/
- Download the dataportal-admin helper scripts from http://dev.e-taxonomy.eu/trac/browser/trunk/server-scripts/dataportal-admin
and make them available via your
$PATH environment variable.
- Edit the
config.templateand save it as
restore individual dumps¶
NOTE: It is recommendet to follow these instructions without opening the modules or themes admin pages in Drupal before you completed the steps below.
- Restore the database dump to your database server
- Edit the database connect url (the database prefix should end with an underscore character '_') in the according the Drupal site settings.php
- Make sure the http server is configured to map the site uri like http://edit.test/d7/new_site/ (see DataPortalDeveloperEnvironmentSetupLinux for details on setting up the virtual host
Check if the site is configured correctly. In the drupal root execute:
drush -l http://edit.test/d7/new_site/ st
and check the out put for the correct database, settings.php file etc.
drupal-fix-missing-modules.shwhich is available at https://dev.e-taxonomy.eu/old/trac/browser/trunk/server-scripts/drupal/drupal-fix-missing-modules.sh ( To install checkout the server-scripts in
alternatively you can also use the
registry-rebuild command in case the module are all available:
drush @none dl registry_rebuild-7.x
drush -l http://edit.test/d7/new_site/ rr
or in newer versions:
drush -l http://edit.test/d7/new_site/ rr --fire-bazooka
Copnfigure other cdm server¶
drush -l http://edit.test/d7/<site-name> vset cdm_webservice_url <cdm-instance-url>