PhycoBank registration reference documentation¶
- Table of contents
- PhycoBank registration reference documentation
This is a the reference documentation for the PhycoBank registration user interface. This guide is complemented by the registration interface user guide.
Views and editors¶
The Registation UI offers two different list views, which can be accessed via the "Continue" and "List" buttons:
- New: start a new registration, or search for the reference
- Continue: continue registrations in preparation
- List: lists registrations (see below)
List view have a filter bar:¶
- Submitter: selects the person who submitted the registration
- Registration status: 'preparation' managed by submitters, 'curation' handed over to the curator by the submitter, 'ready' awaiting publication, 'published' registration set to published by the curator and becomes visible in the user interface
- Identifier: selects the number part of the stable identifier only
- Name: selects parts of the scientific name
- Publication: selects any part of the reference, this can be a journal, a co-author, a part of the title etc.
- Type Status: selects a nomenclatural type from a list (Comment: also types of higher rank names are included, such as mon. = monotypic, orig. des. = original designation)
Registration working set editor¶
- If the registration status = "preparation" the registration can be edited by clicking the button with geer wheels
- if the registration status = "published" the link of the stable identifier will link to the user portal
- if the clickable button with a circle with diagonal slash is highlighted a blocking registration exists, e.g. a basionym for a new combination
The editor context path¶
(TODO use explanation in report) ??
Advanced editing mode¶
A wrench button in header allows editing otherwise hidden data fields. In general these fields are title caches which are usually automatically filled by the system.
WARNING The fields which can be accessed in the advanced mode must only be modified if you precisely know the consequences, or if you have been instructed to do so.
When enabled for the TaxonName editor the advanced editing mode also reveals the widgets for the (ex-)combination and (ex-)basionym-authors.
UI components and widgets¶
Author team editor¶
Author team editor with a team of 5 members:
- The author team is composed of single authors in a specific order. For authors who named algae the cache field below the atomised name includes the standard abbreviation from IPNI or for IPNI.
- If building a new author team "+" adds an author field, "-" deletes an author field "arrow up" moves the author one step upward, "arrow down" moves an author one step downward, "x" deletes a not saved author team.
- The "ToOneRelatedEntityCombobox" is being used to edit data fields which contain relations to other cdm data types, like in this example screen shot: many publications can be related to one single journal
- Many to many relations mean that e.g. one sientific name can have several types within several publications and one type may be related to more than one name (e.g. one taxon newly describet at different ranks)