Project

General

Profile

Actions

feature request #9747

closed

Make languages editable in TaxEditor

Added by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago. Updated about 1 year ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
New
Assignee:
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Estimated time:
Severity:
blocker
Tags:

Description

Currently languages are not yet editable in TaxEditor.

For the CDM this is correct. But other languages should be editable.

We need an entry in the terms-vocabulary menu for this.


Files

picture451-1.png (1.57 KB) picture451-1.png Andreas Müller, 09/14/2021 09:44 PM

Related issues

Related to EDIT - bug #9766: CDM vocabularies should not be editableNewKatja Luther

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Tags set to mexico
Actions #2

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50
Actions #3

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller
  • Severity changed from normal to blocker

To add the language editor can be done in 5 minutes, but to allow the editing for non cdm languages and do not allow for cdm languages is a little bit more difficult.

The actual implementation checks whether the vocabulary has titleCache "Languages (ISO 639-2)", maybe we should handle this more generic by a flag for cdm vocabularies.

Please review the actual implementation

Actions #4

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

Now the implementation uses the cdmVocabularyUuid method.

Actions #5

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

The menu for vocabularies and term trees should use the same order. Please move the "language" menu item to the same position as in the term tree menu.

Actions #6

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

Minor issue:

There is a separator below "New" but no other group or item:

Can we remove this.

Also for non-CDM vocabularies there are 2 separators between "New" and "Delete". One should be enough.

Actions #7

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

Functionallity works and ticket can be closed.

However, the Language class has 1 more attribute iso639_1 which refers to the "ISO 639-1" id. Is it possible to add this field to the details view? Best position would be below ID in vocabulary.
Is this easy to implement or should we open a new ticket?

Actions #8

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

According to commit 53e555624aa688 there is lots of commented code now in OpenDefinedTermEditorHandlerE4.java . Can this be removed or is it still needed?

Actions #9

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

Andreas Müller wrote:

According to commit 53e555624aa688 there is lots of commented code now in OpenDefinedTermEditorHandlerE4.java . Can this be removed or is it still needed?

I already reverted the changes in this file, this will come with the changes of the character matrix and therefore the commented code will be removed.

Actions #10

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
Actions #11

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

Functionallity works and ticket can be closed.

However, the Language class has 1 more attribute iso639_1 which refers to the "ISO 639-1" id. Is it possible to add this field to the details view? Best position would be below ID in vocabulary.
Is this easy to implement or should we open a new ticket?

This is fixed.

Actions #12

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

The menu for vocabularies and term trees should use the same order. Please move the "language" menu item to the same position as in the term tree menu.

this is fixed

Actions #13

Updated by Katja Luther about 1 year ago

The doubled separators are removed. Please review.

Actions #14

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Related to bug #9766: CDM vocabularies should not be editable added
Actions #15

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

This works as expected.

For the disabling of other CDM vocabularies I added a new ticket. If disabling was easy to implement we could maybe try to solve this also in 5.27.

Actions #16

Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.37 to Release 5.27
Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF