feature request #8889open
Remaining issues for distribution editor - continue
copied from #8047:
- In preferences translate possible configuration terms "ID in Vocabulary" => "ID im Vokabular"
- Multiple cell selection in table is currently possible. As there is no function related to this we should remove this feature for now.
- Think about synchronization strategies for name editor and distribution editor
- Documentation e.g. how to use only with keystrokes (#7854#note-80)
implement comparator which is related to the tree structure in the navigator, so children of a taxon come first though they have a lower rank, but best ordering should be configurable (let the user choose from the 3 typical ordering + the ordering described here - which has again 2 versions, alphabetic or rank + alphabetic) #7854#note-87=> implemented for 5.19
- warning before opening if number of opened taxa is large (e.g. >200), this may take time
- If no area is selected add a message to the white space beside the table to choose an area first. Or, alternatively, automatically open the area selection dialog or open a dialog that asks you if you want to open the area selection because no area is selected yet
- Check performance with large datasets (and related to this) #6159#note-9
- Filtering for taxon names works only after leaving the cell, better would be after key stroke + delay
- Filter: use same label as shown in the cells, currently it shows same value as in the dropbox of cells (also needs discussion if the cell label should also be shown (additionally) in the dropbox
- ask whether children should be opened or not