Project

General

Profile

feature request #8624

Add abbrev title cache to search in bulk editor

Added by Andreas Müller 11 months ago. Updated 7 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Highest
Assignee:
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
10/29/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Severity:
normal

Description

The bulk editor results should also contain results for caches containing abbreviations like TeamOrPerson.nomenclaturalTitle or Reference.abbrevTitleCache

Otherwise it is difficult to use it when working on nomenclatural references.


Related issues

Related to Edit - bug #8878: Author selection dialog does not work on abbrev author title New 03/05/2020

Associated revisions

Revision bdde6137 (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 8 months ago

ref #8624: add dao and service methods to search for titlecache or abbrev title cache

Revision 72836bf3 (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 8 months ago

ref #8624: call service methods to search for titleCache and abbrevTitleCache

Revision 1e97edc1 (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 7 months ago

ref #8624: add search on fulltitleCache

Revision a17b1bfc (diff)
Added by Katja Luther 7 months ago

fix #8624: adapt search manager to fulltitlecache search

History

#1 Updated by Katja Luther 11 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress
  • Target version changed from Release 5.11 to Release 5.12

#2 Updated by Katja Luther 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.12 to Release 5.13

#3 Updated by Katja Luther 8 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

#4 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Related to bug #8878: Author selection dialog does not work on abbrev author title added

#5 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

Works well for TeamOrPersonBase and Reference.

#6 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

Does not yet work for TaxonName.fullTitleCache though the fulltitlecache seems to be the one that is shown in the first column. So searching for "* Te. Bo.*" will not show an entry "Test Axf., Te. Bo." which is not intuitive.

In theory search should run on all caches (for names: fulltitlecache, titlecache, namecache, authorshipcache), in practice this might be only necessary if caches are protected, otherwise fulltitlecache search will include all others

Please decide if this is a new ticket or if you want to handle it here.

#7 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

I added the fulltitleCache to the search for taxon names in bulk editor. I will create a new ticket for the more detailed implementation for checking whether the other caches are protected.

#8 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

#9 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

#10 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther

For me it still does not work. As soon as my search contains any part of the fulltitlecache I get no result. E.g searching for "* Axf." works but searching for " Axf.,*
Also the example from comment #6 still does not work.

#11 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

#12 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback

Andreas Müller wrote:

For me it still does not work. As soon as my search contains any part of the fulltitlecache I get no result. E.g searching for "* Axf." works but searching for " Axf.,*
Also the example from comment #6 still does not work.

Missed to commit the search manager, this is done now.

#13 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved

#14 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

#15 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

I tested with the caryophyllales_spp data at the example of the name Achatocarpus balansae Schinz & Autran

The search is now respecting the following caches:

  • Taxon.titleCache
  • TaxonName.fullTitleCache
  • TaxonName.nameCache
  • TaxonName.nomeref ...authorshipcache

So this is fully solved now and can be closed

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)