Project

General

Profile

bug #8516

Specimen editor (list) can not find FieldUnits with data only in protected titleCache

Added by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 year ago. Updated 11 months ago.

Status:
Feedback
Priority:
New
Assignee:
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
09/03/2019
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Severity:
normal
Found in Version:
Tags:

Description

while the Specimen editor (list) misses finding the below shown FielUnits the Specimen editor (tree) finds them very well:

picture209-1.png View (85.9 KB) Andreas Kohlbecker, 09/03/2019 06:50 PM

History

#1 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 year ago

#2 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 year ago

  • File deleted (picture617-1.png)

#3 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback

Have you tried with Asterisk search. The specimen bulk editor like all bulk editor do only an exact search. The specimen tree editor searches on different fields.

I don't think this is related to protected title caches.

I suggest to close as Worksforme or won'tfix. If not please give back to PP who is responsible for specimen tree editor.

#4 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Andreas Kohlbecker

#5 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 year ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Patrick Plitzner

Andreas Müller wrote:

Have you tried with Asterisk search. The specimen bulk editor like all bulk editor do only an exact search. The specimen tree editor searches on different fields.

I suggest to close as Worksforme or won'tfix. If not please give back to PP who is responsible for specimen tree editor.

Even if I was pretty sure I did all the tests again. Even with magic wildcard characters it was not possible to get any results in the "Specimen editor (list)". I tried the following patterns: 'OK-1 1788*', 'OK-1 1788%', 'OK-1 1788?'.

So I pass this issue to Patrick.

Your suggestion raises another question: "Why is the behavior of two apparently similar search functions, so much different?" I consider this a usability problem. Either the search functions are behaving the same in the different parts of an application or this must be made clear. Do we have a master ticket for UX problems? I would like to file this issue somewhere.

#6 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago

Andreas Kohlbecker wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

Have you tried with Asterisk search. The specimen bulk editor like all bulk editor do only an exact search. The specimen tree editor searches on different fields.

I suggest to close as Worksforme or won'tfix. If not please give back to PP who is responsible for specimen tree editor.

Even if I was pretty sure I did all the tests again. Even with magic wildcard characters it was not possible to get any results in the "Specimen editor (list)". I tried the following patterns: 'OK-1 1788*', 'OK-1 1788%', 'OK-1 1788?'.

Have you tried with '*OK.... This is what an exact search expects, if the searched record does NOT start with "OK".

All the rest needs to be discussed and definetely the search functionality in the bulkeditors needs a lot of improvement. But also have in minde, that Specimen (Tree) Editor is something very different to the Specimen (list) editor even if it looks similar. No time to search UX ticket, but I think there is something.

#7 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 year ago

  • Tags set to Usability, UX

correct the * at the beginning of the search term helps.

I suggest renaming this issue to "improve and harmonize UX of bulk editor search function" or I there already a similar ticket.
Once the meta UX ticket is found we can link or copy the details of this one.

#8 Updated by Andreas Müller 11 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Katja Luther

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)