Project

General

Profile

feature request #8317

Omit ex-author if ex-author=author

Added by Wolf-Henning Kusber over 1 year ago. Updated 2 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Priority14
Category:
cdm-vaadin
Target version:
Start date:
05/29/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Severity:
minor
Tags:

Description

If and only if ex author = author the ex author is not included into the author teams due to the ICN 46.10.
This is a minor problem but (1) Vaadin and the (2) Portal are involved.

PhycoBank: Navicula cascadensis Sovereign ex Sovereign
correct display according to ICN: Navicula cascadensis Sovereign

Example: Registration Id: http://phycobank.org/101907
Display in the PhycoBank portal
Geissleria cascadensis (Sovereign ex Sovereign) Stancheva in Notulae Algarum 103: 1. 29.5.2019
Navicula cascadensis Sovereign ex Sovereign 1960

correct
Geissleria cascadensis (Sovereign) Stancheva in Notulae Algarum 103: 1. 29.5.2019
Navicula cascadensis Sovereign 1960

Workaround: FAQ on an publicly visible FAQ page
Correction of the cache in Vaadin?

picture298-1.png View (104 KB) Wolf-Henning Kusber, 07/23/2020 12:22 PM

picture900-1.png View (91.1 KB) Wolf-Henning Kusber, 07/23/2020 05:01 PM

Associated revisions

Revision ff522f12 (diff)
Added by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago

fix #8317 TaxonNamePopupEditor exAuthor only when != combinationAuthor

Revision 4da12c37 (diff)
Added by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago

ref #8317 TaxonNamePopupEditor exAuthor only when != combinationAuthor - detecting duplicates by nomTitle compare

History

#1 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.8

This needs to be fixed the vaadin TaxonNamePopupEditor which sets the ex-authors automatically depending on the nomenclatural reference of the related basionym.

#2 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 1 year ago

  • Category changed from cdm-dataportal to cdm-vaadin

#3 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 1 year ago

  • Priority changed from Priority09 to Priority14

#4 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.8 to Release 5.10

#5 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker about 1 year ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.10 to Release 5.11

#6 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 12 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.11 to Release 5.12

#7 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 9 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.12 to Release 5.14

#8 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.14 to Release 5.15

#9 Updated by Andreas Müller 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.15 to Release 5.18

#10 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

#11 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Wolf-Henning Kusber

Solved and tested.

Please review.

For fixing the wrong data in the production system you may want to edit the affected names in order to manually remove the ex-authors.

#12 Updated by Wolf-Henning Kusber 3 months ago

Portal view as of 23 July 2020 (Test and Production). In both portals the validated designation (= invalid name) was newly entered.

There is another issue, to be discussed

#13 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from Wolf-Henning Kusber to Andreas Kohlbecker

Wolf-Henning Kusber wrote:

Portal view as of 23 July 2020 (Test and Production). In both portals the validated designation (= invalid name) was newly entered.

There is another issue, to be discussed

Thank you for testing!

The check ex-author=author seem not to be working for new names entered in one go.

#14 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 3 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Wolf-Henning Kusber

The integration server was hung, so the update was not distributed to the test system.

I locally tested the creation of names with validation where the author and ex-author are the same in one go and could not find any problems. To me this seems to be fully functional.

#15 Updated by Wolf-Henning Kusber 3 months ago

I checked the update. For new entrys it is fully functionalble.
For already used names there was no automatic update.

Geissleria cascadensis (Sovereign ex Sovereign) Stancheva (see attached screen shot).
I used the following workaround:
Unlock "Geissleria cascadensis"
Open "Geissleria cascadensis"
I found "ex Author" in basionym and deleted the name-> now in Vaadin, the brackets were displayed correctly after saving. The Portal (Test Portal) view remains uncorrected.

#16 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Closed
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

Wolf-Henning Kusber wrote:

I checked the update. For new entrys it is fully functionalble.
For already used names there was no automatic update.

Geissleria cascadensis (Sovereign ex Sovereign) Stancheva (see attached screen shot).
I used the following workaround:
Unlock "Geissleria cascadensis"
Open "Geissleria cascadensis"
I found "ex Author" in basionym and deleted the name-> now in Vaadin, the brackets were displayed correctly after saving. The Portal (Test Portal) view remains uncorrected.

Thank you for testing.
For existing records the data needs to be cleaned manually since there is no automatic fix of existing data implemented.

#17 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.18 to Release 5.17

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)