feature request #8207
RegistrationUI: helps avoid name duplicates
When ever a user is about to create a new name, the system should check for potential duplicates of the name to be created.
In case potential duplicates are found the user needs to be notified and the user in turn should be able to decide how to proceed:
- use one of the detected names 2 create the new name
- When to check
- while typing genus name, specific epithet
- after the focus is moved to another form element
- when save is pressed
- Where to display the duplicate name information
- in a modal dialog
- in the editor view, e.g.
- below the header section
- below the name parts section