Project

General

Profile

bug #8200

Changing title(cache) for factual data set not possible

Added by Andreas Müller 7 months ago. Updated 6 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Highest
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
03/22/2019
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Severity:
normal
Found in Version:

Description

When trying to change the title of a factual data set in details view the old title is recreated during save.

Correct behavior has been discussed previously (in context of additivity?) Please refer to it.

Correct handling of protectedTitleCache needs to be implemented.

High priority as unexpected behavior and even wanted titles like "Moved from ..." can get lost this way.


Related issues

Related to Edit - feature request #7865: Remaining factual data view label issues Resolved 10/25/2018

Associated revisions

Revision e6d23538 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 7 months ago

ref #8200 Remove unnecessary refresh

Revision fd9044a1 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 7 months ago

ref #8200 Replace description label with cache element in details view

  • Fix potential cache update problems

History

#1 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 7 months ago

#2 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 7 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller
  • % Done changed from 0 to 50

I replaced the label with a toggleable cache field.

How it works now: When setting the cache to unprotected (closing the lock), the cache is generated. I checked this by changing the source. If the cache is protected (lock open), it can be edited and changing the source has no effect.

The label in the factual data view is updated when editing the cache. However, when changing the source, the label change in the factual data view is done after saving.

#3 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 7 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

#4 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 7 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Katja Luther

#5 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback

High priority as unexpected behavior and even wanted titles like "Moved from ..." can get lost this way.

The default for the label is unprotected and when moving a desciption to another taxon the label mentioned above is not generated because of the protected titlecache.

Is this wanted behaviour?

#6 Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

should this be moved back to PP?

#7 Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

It's more a general question how this should be handled. So it is a question to all of us.

#8 Updated by Katja Luther 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Katja Luther to Andreas Müller

but as this is the general behaviour for titlecaches we may close this ticket? Because it works like titleCaches in all other places.

#9 Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

Katja Luther wrote:

but as this is the general behaviour for titlecaches we may close this ticket? Because it works like titleCaches in all other places.

I don't think that this is correct. It should work according to the requirement and not necessarily according to other places (which have other requirements). The "Moved to" requirement does not exist at other places.

There is a clear regression in the current implementation described in #7865#note-11 . A user requirement got lost so we need to find out 1.) why it got lost and 2.) how it can be reestablished.

To me #7865 and this ticket seem to be mostly duplicates. So I will continue discusstion in #7865

#10 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 6 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

Closing this ticket as the remaining issues are duplicated in #7865

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)