Set up pipelines in Jenkins to replace the build pipelines
Our jenkins setup are using the build-pipeline-plugin.
Since Jenkins 2 there is a much better tool to setup pipelines, Jenkins Pipeline
see the following resources for information on how to use it:
- https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/ (see also the links in the paragraph: "Die „Top 10 Best Practices for Jenkins Pipeline Plugin„, die „Best Practices for Scalable Pipeline Code“ und „The Need For Speed: Building Pipelines To Be Faster„. Hier finden sich allgemeine Best Practices sowie wichtige Hinweise zur Entwicklung performanter, ")
Jenkinsfile should be used:
Creating a Jenkinsfile and committing it to source control provides a number of immediate benefits:
- Automatically creates a Pipeline build process for all branches and pull requests.
- Code review/iteration on the Pipeline (along with the remaining source code).
- Audit trail for the Pipeline.
- Single source of truth  for the Pipeline, which can be viewed and edited by multiple members of the project.
Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 12 months ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Category changed from server-maintenance to devOps
- Priority changed from New to Priority14
- Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.21
Due to the repeated problems during the last relases it has become more important to switch to the "Jenkins Pipelines"