Project

General

Profile

feature request #7502

Add further columns to bulk editor

Added by Andreas Müller 6 months ago. Updated about 2 months ago.

Status:
Closed
Priority:
Highest
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
05/29/2018
Due date:
% Done:

100%

Severity:
normal
Tags:

Description

As a start we could always add id, uuid, created, updated. But if possible there should be a way to hide this columns if wanted. (created, updated is less important, if difficult to implement)

Going further it would be nice to have

  • further cache fields (e.g. nameCache and authorshipCache for TaxonName, abbreviatedCache("nomencl. cache") for Reference, nomenclaturalTitle for Person and Team)
  • Important atomized String fields like
    • TaxonName.GenusOrUninomial, .InfraGenericEpi, .specificEpi, .infraSpecificEpi
    • Reference.title, .abbreviatedTitle("nomencl. title")
    • Person.familyName, .otherName, .initials
    • Media.title, Media.description
  • Important boolean values like
    • TaxonBase.publish and Specimen.publish
    • Team.hasMoreMembers
    • protectedXXX fields (behind the respective caches)
  • More difficult are Specimen/FieldUnits, relevant columns here: Country, collector, collecting number, collection, accession number/barcode/..., but they are spread to various classes so don't know if they are easy to handle
  • ...

The above issues are ordered according to importance so feel free to start implementing only the first issues.


Related issues

Related to Edit - feature request #7659: Implement algorithm to optimize initial column size in NAT tables New 08/17/2018
Follows Edit - feature request #7439: Use NatTable for BulkEditor Closed 05/28/2018
Precedes Edit - feature request #7503: Make cells in bulk editor editable New 05/30/2018
Copied to Edit - bug #7852: NAT table symbols for boolean values change to text if columns are sorted New 10/23/2018
Copied to Edit - feature request #7853: Support multi column sort for NAT tables (e.g. in bulk editor) New 10/23/2018

Associated revisions

Revision 92a795af (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add id and uuid to bulk editor

Revision bcc1d18a (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add option to hide and show columns

Revision 521ddbfc (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Refactor column generation

  • move constants and column properties to bulk editor input

Revision bb67f3ba (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add nomenclatural title to agent bulk editor

Revision 11ba4bed (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Change column order

  • Move type column back

Revision de3db973 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 code cleaning

Revision fe289550 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add name cache and authorship cache for names

Revision 68befb95 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add abbrev (nomencl.) cache for references

Revision 27cee58f (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add Name.Genus and epithets

Revision d1ccac39 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add property columns for agents, media and references

Revision 0e7c806f (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add boolean property columns

Revision d9ade402 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add protected cache boolean property columns

Revision 9d42b88f (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Add various occurrence columns

Revision 079534a2 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

ref #7502 Show boolean properties in checkboxes

Revision 9767c1ad (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Show lock icon in header

Revision 62b55a78 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Show tooltip for lock icon in header

Revision 6fd483b7 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Remove debug context menu

Revision ef7ec8ab (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Add table settings to search bar

Revision 271be809 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Fix "de" translation

Revision 0dda9c8f (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Save table settings when closing bulk editor

Revision 9387c2d2 (diff)
Added by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

ref #7502 Fix et al. label

History

#1 Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

  • Due date set to 05/29/2018
  • Start date changed from 06/20/2018 to 05/29/2018
  • Follows feature request #7439: Use NatTable for BulkEditor added

#2 Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

#3 Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.1 to Release 5.2

#4 Updated by Andreas Müller 4 months ago

  • Due date deleted (05/29/2018)

#5 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.2 to Release 5.3

#6 Updated by Andreas Müller 4 months ago

  • Related to feature request #7659: Implement algorithm to optimize initial column size in NAT tables added

#7 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.3 to Release 5.4

#9 Updated by Andreas Müller 3 months ago

  • Description updated (diff)
  • Priority changed from New to Highest

#10 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

  • Status changed from New to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller
  • % Done changed from 0 to 20

@Andreas: Please review the first implementation of this for id and uuid

#11 Updated by Andreas Müller 3 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to In Progress
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

@Andreas: Please review the first implementation of this for id and uuid

Looks ok.

Minor issues:

  • I do not understand the sorting of uuids. Looks like they sort from 8xxx to fxxx and then start from 0xxx to 7xxx. This might be due to the way how they are internally represented. But it would be better to do it more intuitiv for human users.

  • It seems not to be possible to reenable (unhide) single columns, but only all. Is this the only possibility that NAT offers?

  • The right click menu has 3 separators between "New" and "Hide column". It would be nice if they could be deduplicated.

Generally I think you can continue with the implementation.

#12 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 3 months ago

  • Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller
  • % Done changed from 20 to 50

I implemented all of the mentioned properties as columns.

Please check all types of bulk editors.

#13 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner

The symbol still switches to label if if one sorts by a "protected" boolean field.

#14 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

Question: does NAT support multi-sort? E.g. you want to sort first by protected or not protected titleCache, second order should be alphabetic order of titleCache.

Note: Some frameworks implement this by first sorting by the second sort, then by the first. The previous sort order stil exists then but is reordered if and only if it does not fit with the later sorting. Would be nice to have this.

#15 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

et al => et al.

#16 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

Question: does NAT support multi-sort? E.g. you want to sort first by protected or not protected titleCache, second order should be alphabetic order of titleCache.

Note: Some frameworks implement this by first sorting by the second sort, then by the first. The previous sort order stil exists then but is reordered if and only if it does not fit with the later sorting. Would be nice to have this.

NatTable supports multi sort but I have still not tested it yet

#17 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

The symbol still switches to label if if one sorts by a "protected" boolean field.

I have been playing around with this and it is not an easy fix. Anyway, with the current column size it's not that critical for now because the icon just changes into the sorting arrow and you don't even see the text.

#18 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

The view configurations dialog does not disable buttons which are not available. Also "Done" I would relabel to "Close". Or is this an RCP System dialog which can't be changed?

#19 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

The symbol still switches to label if if one sorts by a "protected" boolean field.

I have been playing around with this and it is not an easy fix. Anyway, with the current column size it's not that critical for now because the icon just changes into the sorting arrow and you don't even see the text.

true, not critical, but we should remember the open issue.

#20 Updated by Andreas Müller 2 months ago

All the rest works very fine and is great new functionality!!

#21 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

The view configurations dialog does not disable buttons which are not available. Also "Done" I would relabel to "Close". Or is this an RCP System dialog which can't be changed?

This is a built-in NatTable dialog

#22 Updated by Patrick Plitzner 2 months ago

  • Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller

#23 Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 months ago

  • Copied to bug #7852: NAT table symbols for boolean values change to text if columns are sorted added

#24 Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 months ago

Andreas Müller wrote:

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

The symbol still switches to label if if one sorts by a "protected" boolean field.

I have been playing around with this and it is not an easy fix. Anyway, with the current column size it's not that critical for now because the icon just changes into the sorting arrow and you don't even see the text.

true, not critical, but we should remember the open issue.

copied to new ticket #7852

#25 Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 months ago

#26 Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 months ago

Patrick Plitzner wrote:

Andreas Müller wrote:

Question: does NAT support multi-sort? E.g. you want to sort first by protected or not protected titleCache, second order should be alphabetic order of titleCache.

Note: Some frameworks implement this by first sorting by the second sort, then by the first. The previous sort order stil exists then but is reordered if and only if it does not fit with the later sorting. Would be nice to have this.

NatTable supports multi sort but I have still not tested it yet

copied to new ticket #7853

#27 Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 months ago

  • Status changed from Feedback to Closed
  • Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Patrick Plitzner
  • % Done changed from 50 to 100

Open issues copied to new tickets. Close this ticket.

Also available in: Atom PDF

Add picture from clipboard (Maximum size: 40 MB)