feature request #7071
With e4 we temporarily switched of the restore functionality in taxon navigator (before it could be be switched on via preferences). This should be switched on again after full migration.
Copy from #6909: "About restoring: Nothing is restored because we decided to start with a fresh workbench every startup. We can think about re-enabling this after full migration IF we want to. Restoring 10+ name editors was also a performance killer because it has to load the name editor AND expand the tree to the corresponding node."
For restoring name editor: it is true that it might be performance problem. But only restoring the name editors without linking to the navigator is usually not a big issue. So we might want to switch of the linking for this somehow. Also we should have restoring as a preference same as restoring the navigator. With a second preference we could then let the user decide if linking should be switched of for restoring name editors.
- Target version changed from Release 4.12 to Release 4.13
- Target version changed from Release 4.13 to Release 4.14
- Tracker changed from bug to feature request
- Target version changed from Release 4.14 to Release 5.0
- Target version deleted (
removing milestone because master ticket is in current release
- Status changed from New to Rejected
The E4 migration has been done up to a sufficient state.
This feature was not migrated.
This may be re-visited in #6745.
- Related to task #6745: Investigate how e4 model changes affect the cached application model in existing Taxeditor installation added
- Status changed from Rejected to Feedback
- Target version set to Release 5.1
Can you leave a note why this is rejected and who decided? Are there technical problems related?
- Related to bug #7064: NameEditor remaining issues added
- Parent task changed from #6565 to #7431
- % Done changed from 100 to 0
- Target version changed from Release 5.1 to Release 5.2
Moving to the next release because it is not critical
As this is a master ticket only should we switch from Feedback to InProgress? Suits better IMO.
Upps, sorry, I see that this is not a master ticket. However, InProgress or New might still be the better status.
- Target version changed from Release 5.2 to Release 5.3
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Target version changed from Release 5.3 to Reviewed Next Major Release
- Priority changed from New to Priority14
Also available in: Atom