feature request #7050
conflicting modification check on save and conflict resolution dialog
Prior saving an entity check for intermediate modifications of the entity by other users. I case a modification by someone else is detected the application will present a dialog to inform the user that someone else work will be overwritten. The dialog should present a table of all conflicting properties allowing the user to resolve the conflict.
This comparison actually is a tree way compare of the previous state, saved state and current state of the entity graph defined by the DTO being edited:
- current state: state of the entity graph defined by the DTO being edited
- previous state: state of the same graph as stored in the DB at the time when the user started to edit the DTO
- saved state: state of the same graph as stored in the DB at the time when performing the save operation.
#1 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 1 year ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Andreas Müller
The functionality of doing the tree-way comparison is a functionality which is useful for cdm applications in general. Therefore it should be implemented in the cdmlib.
Is there already a related ticket to which we can link this one?