feature request #6950
Alllow the usage of Viral Names
for more details see #6691#note-9
Also see comment on IViralName. According to this the name is stored in the titleCache field. Needs research what to do with the acronym.
However, the getTaggedTitle method for viral names should not expect the getTaggedName method to return something != null
#7 Updated by Andreas Müller about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
The NPE related to #6957 is now fixed. We can try to add a details view for Viral names.
The specific issue for viral names is
- it does not have a nameCache, only titleCache
- ususally the name is directly put into the titleCache (maybe in future virus names of rank genus or higher will have name in GenusOrUninomial)
- rank: only view ranks are handled by the code: Order, family, subfamily, genus, species; but users may use their own ranks for other groups.
- no authorship
- no hybrids
- etc. (compare with IViralName and ITaxonNameBase)
A possible view could look like
- Code selection dropbox
- name field (fills the titleCache, always sets the titleCache to protected)
- rank dropbox (ranks above species filtered to the above ones, probably also default infraspecific ranks should not be shown as virus community uses different ranks like "strain","variant",...
- appended phrase (not sure if needed but for now we may better keep it)
- NomRef etc.