When testing any vaadin view the following error is shown
The cause for this problem is unclear. Potentially this is due to
cdm-vaadin and cdmlib-webapp do not being merged correctly into a common war.
The web.xml in the resulting war file has no entry for vaadin. Has this to do with the build process when merging the two projects?
ref #6206 solving problems with the war overlay and adding test dependency cdmlib-db
#3 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Kohlbecker
#4 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 2 years ago
I examined the situation more in depth:
- The pom.xml in cdm-webapp was pretty much messed up in respect of the creation of the final war. This has been fixed now with cdm-webapp|d0ded6af
- The web.xml in the war of the release 4.3.0 also is the one from cdmlib-remote-webapp. So this is not the cause of the observed error. The whole WEB-INF folder is actually excluded from the cdm-vaadin war file. This indicates that the entries in that web.xml are not needed and might be obsolte. The book of Vaadin supports this theory: '5.9.2. Web Application Contents: web.xml .... It is not needed if you define the Vaadin servlet with the @WebServlet annotation in Servlet API 3.0.
#5 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
Applied in changeset cdm-vaadin|a45e5ee72e1bc48fec16b156617c746266e1ccb4.