feature request #5983
Better parsing of hybrid names
With the "new" rules from #3868 it is now easier to distinguish hybrids names and hybrid formulas.
E.g. Abies alba x beta is now parsable as hybrid formula for parents Abies alba and Abies beta.
Also Abies x alba is now parsable as clearly a hybrid name. Maybe some more issues are defined now.
In FM #6410 we have names like Nepenthes mirabilis x N. alata that should be parsable.
Searching for "Orchis" in Flora of Cyprus gives e.g.
- Orchis coriophora subsp. fragrans × sancta
- Orchis coriophora × sancta
- Orchis morio subsp. syriaca × papilionacea subsp. schirvanica
- Orchis × Serapias
We guess Orchis morio subsp. syriaca \u00D7 var. schirvanica is also a valid hybrid formula of a subspecies and a variety.
- hybrid formulas for >2 names (see also #3868)
- female/male formulas
- major/minor formulas (see also #3868)
The open issues will be handled in a new ticket to be opened when relevant