seemingly duplicate distributions
Neuerdings werden die textlichen Verbreitungsdaten im Portal extrem redundant ausgegeben, in der Art:
„Africa: Macaronesia (Canary Is. (Canary Is. )); Northeast Tropical Africa (Eritrea (Eritrea ), Ethiopia (Ethiopia )); Northern Africa (Algeria (Algeria ), Egypt (Egypt ), Libya (Libya ), Morocco , Tunisia (Tunisia )); Southern Africa (KwaZulu-Natal (KwaZulu-Natal )); West Tropical Africa (Mali (Mali ), Nigeria (Nigeria ), Senegal (Senegal ))”,
Sowohl bei aggregierten als auch bei direkt eingegebenen Daten.
Lässt sich das auch wieder abstellen?
#1 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Duplicate
- Resolution set to duplicate
- % Done set to 100
this is a duplicate of #4411
The duplication of distribution areas comes from changes that where necessary for Euro+Med. This requirement causes obviously problems for other portals but is only a temporary situation. In the comment #4411#note-13 a solution to this problem has been suggested by me but I am still waiting for this suggestion to be reviewed by Andreas Müller.
#2 Updated by Andreas Müller almost 4 years ago
Is it really true that this is a duplicate for #4411. If so the problem must exist for > 13 month. From Norbert I understand it is a new issue. Maybe a regression from #4411. So the ticket are rather complimentary and not duplicates.
I will try to review them asap but will not have time before end of TDWG.
If discussions take time maybe we should revert the changes for #4411 in the meanwhile as they are a regression for production portals, while E+M is not yet in production.
#3 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker almost 4 years ago
I committed a hot-fix for this bug:
- ec12037 [r26028 syntax typo|* 502f871 r26027] #4411 hack to avoid regression reported in #5286
This is currently only in a branch #4411-regression-HFX the production portals have been switched to this branch for now.
#4 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Duplicate to Feedback
- Resolution deleted (
- % Done changed from 100 to 0
- Subject changed from Regression in distribution display on dataportals to seemingly duplicate distributions
reopening this ticket in favour of splitting the ticket #4411 in two
#5 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker over 3 years ago
- Status changed from Feedback to Resolved
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Andreas Müller
- Target version changed from Release 3.12 to Release 4.1
The task of reviewing this ticket encompasses for now only the problems and ideas described in #4411#note-10 to #4411#note-13, please read all of these and also take the Sub area preference rule into account which is described in #5050.
If you agree with my suggestion in #4411#note-13, please create a new ticket for the according subsequent actions.
#10 Updated by Andreas Müller over 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Andreas Kohlbecker