feature request #4867
Add menu item for subtree cloning
once #4866 is available we may need it as an menu item for classifications / subtrees in the taxon navigator.
Also implement configuration form for advanced usage with parameters (for parameters see SubtreeCloneConfigurator), but do not allow name cloning for now as it is still not fully implemented and difficult to understand.
Try to implement as long running task (the method still needs to be adopted to this - #9349)
blocked by #4866
related issues: #4864
ref #4867 Implement "Clone Classification" functionality
- availabel via context menu in taxon navigator
- parameters available: classification name, taxon relation from cloned taxa to original taxa
- sec reference
#12 Updated by Patrick Plitzner almost 4 years ago
- Assignee changed from Patrick Plitzner to Andreas Müller
This is most probably solved depending on how the implementation in cdmlib looks like. For now, all available parameters are display in a dialog to customize the cloning operation.
@Andreas: Could you check if in cdmlib side this is finished #4866
#15 Updated by Andreas Müller 4 months ago
- Subject changed from Add menu item for classification cloning to Add menu item for subtree cloning
- Status changed from Resolved to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Katja Luther
- Target version changed from Release 4.7 to Release 5.19
It seems that the menu entry was removed or does not work anymore, even with experimental features being switched on.
Also the method has improved configuration now and allows running on subtrees, not only classifications. The calling method should be adapted accordingly and a configuration dialogue is needed if it does not exist yet.
Cloning names should not be supported yet as it is a complex issue and not yet fully implemented in the underlying method (see comments in #9349).
See also #9349 for further improvements in the underlying method.