Some File->New dialogs do not work
Some of the FIle->New dialogs do not work correctly.
Issues I found were:
New Name does never allow saving (Finish button is always disabled)
Name cache fields behave strange as even with protected title cache they are not completely disabled.
Creating a new taxon does not allow creating a new orphaned taxon
Specimen: hitting "f" with no input field selected closes the window as it is interpreted as ALT-F which should hit the Finish button => does currently not exist anymore
Specimen: allows to save a completely empty Specimen which may make sense in the bulk editor but not in File->New context as you will not be able to find the specimen later => does currently not exist anymore
see also #4348
#1 Updated by Andreas Müller almost 2 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from Cherian Mathew to Katja Luther
- Target version changed from TaxEditor Next Major Release to Release 5.1
- % Done changed from 0 to 70
This seems to be fixed more or less.
- Names can be saved now, the nameCache and authorshipCache are not completely disabled when protected but can not really be edited (can you leave a message, why they can't be completely disabled, if this is not possible).
- Taxa can only be added if a parent is selected in the navigator
- Specimen were removed from the File->New menu.
If we still know, can we leave a message why they have been removed? Or reenable them?