feature request #3989
[DISCUSS] Allow defining the vocabularies to be offered in the select dialogs
When entering distributions selecting an NamedArea can be cumbersome if multiple parallel vocabularies exist which have the same or very similar areas. It would be nice if it would be possible to define the vocabularies to be offered in the select dialogue
(originally requested by Eckhard for Euro+Med)
This is probably solved already. But maybe only as local preferrence that is valid for all locally used databases. Better it should also be available as DB preference as the vocabularies to be used should be something the project may want to define.
The current implementation was implemented by PP for many or all selection dialogs (there should be a ticket somewhere).
ref #7793: add DB preferences to hide specimen and import issues and smaller changes in db preferences
#1 Updated by Andreas Müller almost 5 years ago
- Assignee changed from Andreas Müller to Andreas Kohlbecker
The arrow button in the upper right corner already allows filtering in theory, but this functionality currently doesn't seem to work. So we should fix it anyway. For E+M users the filter should be automatically set correctly (by installing E+M default preference configuarations ?).
#3 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from allow defining the vocabularies to be offered in the select dialogs [DISCUSS] to Allow defining the vocabularies to be offered in the select dialogs [DISCUSS]
- Description updated (diff)
- Assignee changed from Andreas Kohlbecker to Katja Luther
- Priority changed from New to Highest
- Target version changed from Euro+Med Migration to Release 4.11
- Private changed from Yes to No
#4 Updated by Andreas Müller about 1 year ago
- Subject changed from Allow defining the vocabularies to be offered in the select dialogs [DISCUSS] to [DISCUSS] Allow defining the vocabularies to be offered in the select dialogs
For E+M this is at least needed for
- distribution areas
- common name areas
- distribution status
#13 Updated by Andreas Kohlbecker 7 months ago
This feature request is also relevant for Vaadin UIs (#6732 and
eu.etaxonomy.cdm.vaadin.ui.RegistrationUIDefaults). Since the CdmPreferences are to be used to define the sets of terms the mechanism to filter terms by the preferences should also be implemented in the
cdmlib, preferably as filter option (
PrefKey termFilterPreset) in the service api. By this we can avoid duplicate implementations in the taxeditor and vaadin.
service method may check for a specific
key_subject, e.g. regex: '/termFilterSet/.*' or exact: '/termFilterSet/NamedArea/' to make sure a valid preference value is passed in.