Project

General

Profile

Actions

bug #10080

open

Source Element sometimes does not appear after selecting a new designation status and after creating a new type designation

Added by Katja Luther 7 months ago. Updated 28 days ago.

Status:
In Progress
Priority:
Highest
Assignee:
Category:
taxeditor
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Severity:
normal
Found in Version:

Description

When selecting the designation status holotype removes the source section of the typedesignation details view.


Related issues

Related to EDIT - bug #10111: Data loss e.g. when entering type informationResolvedAndreas Müller

Actions
Actions #1

Updated by Andreas Müller 7 months ago

  • Priority changed from New to Highest
  • Target version changed from Unassigned CDM tickets to Release 5.32

We need to check if this can be done fast.

Actions #2

Updated by Katja Luther 7 months ago

  • Status changed from New to In Progress

This is really strange behavior, the source element should be shown every time but in stable and nightly the source is not shown when creating a new Specimentypedesignation. Started out of the IDE everything works as expected, but there are no changes belonging to this area.

There is a workaround as long as I could not fix the problem, just resize the editor or only the details view a bit, then the sources section is shown again.

Actions #3

Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

  • Subject changed from Source Element disappears when selecting holotype as designation status to Source Element sometimes does not appear when after selecting a new designation status and after creating a new type designation

To me it happens also after changing to other designation status therefore I adapted the title.

The workarounds seems only to work when changing the width but not when changing hights.

I think, I never got this when changing to a status that allows a status source. So it seems to be connected with the hiding of the status source for other status types.

Actions #4

Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.32 to Release 5.33

I got an NPE when changing to no status:

last remote method : https://test.e-taxonomy.eu:443/cdmserver/rem_conf_am/remoting/term.service
last remote request client time : 2022-07-29T18:48:27.611
last remote request response header time : Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:48:28 GMT
client error time : 2022-07-29T18:50:19.06
login : admin
editor version : 5.32.0.202207291344
server : test.e-taxonomy.eu (edit-test) / rem_conf_am
schema version : 5.32.0.0.20220807
os : Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 amd64
java : 1.8.0_131
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.name.SpecimenTypeDesignationElement.handleEvent(SpecimenTypeDesignationElement.java:92)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.AbstractEntityCollectionElement.propertyChange(AbstractEntityCollectionElement.java:172)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.AbstractCdmFormElement.firePropertyChangeEvent(AbstractCdmFormElement.java:230)
    at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.combo.term.TermComboElement.widgetSelected(TermComboElement.java:424)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)

I tried to fix this taxeditor|16512021b2505 . Please review.

Actions #5

Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

Has this been reported by a user? If yes please add as watcher.

Actions #6

Updated by Andreas Müller 6 months ago

  • Related to bug #10111: Data loss e.g. when entering type information added
Actions #7

Updated by Katja Luther 6 months ago

Andreas Müller wrote in #note-4:

I got an NPE when changing to no status:

last remote method : https://test.e-taxonomy.eu:443/cdmserver/rem_conf_am/remoting/term.service
last remote request client time : 2022-07-29T18:48:27.611
last remote request response header time : Fri, 29 Jul 2022 16:48:28 GMT
client error time : 2022-07-29T18:50:19.06
login : admin
editor version : 5.32.0.202207291344
server : test.e-taxonomy.eu (edit-test) / rem_conf_am
schema version : 5.32.0.0.20220807
os : Windows Server 2012 R2 6.3 amd64
java : 1.8.0_131
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.name.SpecimenTypeDesignationElement.handleEvent(SpecimenTypeDesignationElement.java:92)
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.section.AbstractEntityCollectionElement.propertyChange(AbstractEntityCollectionElement.java:172)
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.element.AbstractCdmFormElement.firePropertyChangeEvent(AbstractCdmFormElement.java:230)
  at eu.etaxonomy.taxeditor.ui.combo.term.TermComboElement.widgetSelected(TermComboElement.java:424)
  at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:249)

I tried to fix this taxeditor|16512021b2505 . Please review.

works as expected and source code looks good.

Actions #8

Updated by Katja Luther 6 months ago

Andreas Müller wrote in #note-5:

Has this been reported by a user? If yes please add as watcher.

I can not remember a user reporting this problem.

Actions #9

Updated by Katja Luther 6 months ago

  • Subject changed from Source Element sometimes does not appear when after selecting a new designation status and after creating a new type designation to Source Element sometimes does not appear after selecting a new designation status and after creating a new type designation
Actions #10

Updated by Andreas Müller 4 months ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.33 to Release 5.35
Actions #11

Updated by Katja Luther 28 days ago

  • Target version changed from Release 5.35 to Release 5.36

This is still an issue when changing the designation status to holotype, adding a specimen solves the problem. So we have to move it to 5.36

Actions

Also available in: Atom PDF